Wednesday, June 08, 2005

To Mr. Robert Carpentier

I know he will probably never see this, but I had to put it out there.

Who is he? He was my music teacher at Brian Piccolo (IS 53) intermediate school in Far Rockaway (Queens, NY). I have him to thank for my love of not just one type of music...but rather, my ecclectic taste.

I was in the chorus in middle school [only later discovered that I really COULD NOT sing!!], and he exposed us to different types of music. We dealt with Stevie Wonder, Kenny Rogers, Lionel Ritchie, The Carpenters, Stefanie Mills & many many more!! Wow.... To this day...when I hum some obscure song....or like a song that I'm not "supposed" to like, I think of him.


But my love of the Beatles was brought about a major major crush I had on a baseball player. JA...if and when you ever read this...you'll know its you. LOL


But I digress :)

Mr. Carpentier..... THANK YOU!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mr. carpentier is my music teacher in my school. did u ever get in contact with him?