Sunday, June 05, 2005

My Own Weirdness

Do you ever think that no one really understands you...could possibly relate to you and that you are just weird as hell?

Well I'm here to tell you I'm the queen of those thoughts!

From my musical tastes to what I watch on tv to how I listen to the radio. LOL

Let's tackle one at a time.

Weirdness #1 Music

I recently purchased [on a whim] a Carpenters' CD and a Michael Bublie [sp] cd.

I liked them both, but "jammed" more on the Carpenters'CD. Yes...I said jam. Now you might say..."how can one 'jam' on a Carpenters' CD"? Well I did. LOL Don't know why..maybe it was the harmony, the trumpet or the rising to fullness of Karen Carpenter's voice that really resonated with me. Maybe its my penchant to be nostalgic.

Regardless, allI know is that I drove a bit more to continue hearing the songs....yes...i realized it was CD...but dammit I wanted to keep listening and singing. LOL

Weirdness #2 TV shows

I am now finding out that I like watching the dog shows [don't even own a dog!], organizational shows [clean house, etc!]. What makes this weird? I'm not a big fan of dogs...just pugs...and my house is sooo NOT organized! But I try REALLY hard [well sometimes] LOL

Weirdness #3 Radio

I'm a big fan of the radio. As much as I like music, for many many years I did not have a CD or a cassette player in my car. I can drive for many hours and always find something on the radio to sing err..listen to. LOL

It drives my driving partners crazy that a lot of times I'd rather listen to the radio than play one of the CDs in my cd changer ['cept when I'm zoning out on the Carpenters of course!] LOL

I once drove from Ft. Lauderdale to Tallahassee....we listened to the country song "Lifestyles of the not so rich and famous" a gazillion times...LOL

More to me than meets the eye.

0 comments: