Sunday, August 28, 2005

Perceptions

Its so amazing when folks share their perceptions of you.

I have a male friend from college that dated my roommate. He just knew I was 'hot to trot' since I always had a different guy to go out with when he came to town.

In trying to 'defend' myself to him, I explained that I didn't want to be a 3rd wheel when he and my friend invited me places. Heck...I'd stay home first! LOL
He sorta gets it now...well over 10 years later. LMAO

I also have a male relative who I speak to on a regular basis that that thought I was a lesbian because I never mentioned any guys I was dating.

Because of my love for trucks, and my lack of overtly 'female' habits, a husband of a close friend asked me if I were gay.

WTF?

And now that I have dreadlocs...who knows what the hell folks are thinking!

How could folks have such different opinions [and so damned wrong!!] of me? LOL
Truth is, I don't publicize my life...one way or another. So I guess folks see and assume whatever the hell they want, based on their own experiences and perceptions of how folks should act and be.

Bottom line...don't judge a book by the cover...all that glitters is not gold...and all those other cliches that are out there.

0 comments: