Sunday, August 14, 2005

Favorite Day?

Most folks have favorite days of the year. Some love Christmas or Thanksgiving. Some love their birthday or just a day off from work.

HOWEVER...mine is today. August 14th.
Ah.....August 14th. The day of my emancipation. That day was marked on my calendar during my senior year in highschool.

This day means sooo much to me.

It was the day I looked forward to seeing. I left my parents home for college...and never looked back! It was the day my dream of independence came true. It was the day that kept me sane in highschool.

When I lived @ home, I could do almost nothing. School, church and work were all I was allowed to do. Telephone....what was that? LOL Is it any wonder that I so wanted to leave?

Not only is August 14th my day of independence, but its also Magic Johnson's birthday, one of my favorite ex's birthday [DT] and also a birthday for a cousin...Rian.

So here's to all of you with a favorite day...mine just happens to be an innocuous one...8/14!

1 comments:

Nickie Nix said...

YAY! and here I was thinking it was your birthday or something. Boy was I wrong, however an important anniversary nonetheless... now how do you celebrate it?