Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

I know most folks are quite possibly tired of hearing about this intrusive presence. Its on the news....Heck..its been the news! I know that I've often said 'Thank God for Cable'.

Then I noticed, I wasn't watching cable!! LOL I tuned into the local news like it was my lifeline. And indeed it was.

My local ABC news station became my constant companion...Don Noe 'Noes' weather! LOL

I lost power....thankfully I had lots of batteries along with battery powered tv/radios.

Losing power of course is not what anyone wants....HOWEVER...I was extremely grateful that power was the ONLY thing that I lost. Some folks while losing their belongings, kept their homes. Others lost everything.

Yet and still, 1 flipping day after Katrina tore into town folks were pissed off that they didn't have power. WTF? Sure, it was hot as hell. Sure it was uncomfortable...but damnit...you still had your house and your belongings..not to mention still being alive.

One idiot [and I apologize to idiots here for lack of a better word!] had the tremendous balls to get on tv and say he's lived here for years and didn't know that he needed flood insurance. Under what rock was he living? Hell...he should be denied it now just for being a dumbass!

Don't get me started on the family of 4 [2 kids and 2 parents] that decided to ride out the storm on their houseboat. I'll be damned.

Ah well. Hurricanes & other disasters bring out not only the best in people, but also the worst.

0 comments: