Monday, January 16, 2006

Walking, Tennis, Biking....oh My!!

Don't know what has come over me, but I have developed a need to be physically active. Now this is a good thing...helps with weight loss and gives you more energy....a win win situation! And since I love to eat, this is sooo necessary! :)

Hmmm....what are my options along with likes & dislikes?

I started walking last year..what a wonderful thing to 'discover'. Can't believe that it was there all along! LOL And all I need are my feet......Go figure.. :)

I put on my iPod Nano....and do about 8 laps around the park [about 3 miles]....now don't get me wrong, I didn't start off doing 8 laps! At first I could only make it around 3 times...but steady going, helped my certainly build up my endurance! I then moved onto running a part of the way [I was amazed that I could do it!] while I definitely need to build up my endurance, I know that the journey begins with a single step!

Marathon in my future...perhaps! LOL

Hmm..got my cardio on...so now I figured, let's work on getting muscles going.

Now that I was walking [cardio]...and loving it, I looked into joining a gym....lots of those around. Here's a tip...see if you can get a free pass. I downloaded a free 10 day pass for 24hour Fitness [http://www.24hourfitness.com]. While its a great gym....lots of machines, options and the time is great, I realized that gyms are NOT for everyone! LOL

I found myself leaving BEFORE my self imposed time was up...and I wasn't as diligent as with my walking...hmmm. Thankfully I was there on a free pass! LOL

In the vein of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", I went back to walking...and I'm still enjoying it!

Tennis lessons came next. Now that was a great decision...and a great workout! I've had a tennis racket for at least 10 years [and i don't think it ever was in view of a tennis court!] LOL Not only am I taking lessons, but I'm playing on my time out of class. Great cardio!

I think classes are for me! And since I'm sooo NOT known for my coordination, I'm looking into a dance class...AFTERI find someone to teach me how to ride a bike..yeah..what adult doesn't know how to ride. ME!! LOL

Will have to invest in some bandaids too. LMAO. But I'm determined to learn.

I can't believe I've waited till my mid 30s to become a jock! What is this world coming to!??! LOL

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Funny you should write about gettin' physical because today I bought (now don't laugh), Richard Simmons' Disco Sweat! LOL

Lise and I figured that we like dancing anyway and this looked like a lot of fun.

SueMorrWill said...

You shall be my inspiration. For someone who was "smaller" for most of her life, the fact that I'm now a full-figured gal is a mite disturbing. But I read your blog and went, wow...somone who like me can't ride a bike and has exercise tools at home gathering dust. I'm starting out small which is to remove sugar and slowly change the way I eat before adding exercise. You shall continue to be my inspiration. Thanks.