Sunday, October 23, 2005

Honesty?

I recently went into a Walgreens to get cash back [i refuse to pay atm fees!] LOL
Anyway...I make my purchase..I ask the cashier what the maiximum is that I can get back. She says $100. Cool...I only need $50.

I glanced at the money...[ok...i was in a hurry!] and it seemed right. 5 bills. Ok

I get back to the car....and realized that the 5 bills were $20...as in $100.

BRIEFLY it crossed my mind... to just keep on going...plus I was in a rush. But karma is a mofo!
Went back in...and waited while she dealt with a customer...then informed her of her error.

She was sooo grateful and surprised that I returned the money...she had assumed that I wanted $100...and gave it to me....it was NOT charged to my account...so her drawer would have been short @ the end of her shift.

Had I been younger, would I have returned it? I'd like to think I would have...can't say for sure though. HOWEVER....I do know that I did return it when it happened...so I guess that's what matters in the long run.

0 comments: